Congratulations to #1 Stacy!! I’ve never seen the random generator pick #1, so I think that is pretty cool, even though the odds shouldn’t be any more or less in favor of any numbers.
I will be getting in touch with Stacy to send her a copy of the pattern. For everyone else who entered, thank you! I really appreciate your ideas, and am sharing some below in case it helps anyone else.
Crocheter Gift ideas:
Welcome from Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day!
If you’ve never visited before, I’m Heather. I’m a longarm quilter and pattern designer living in New York’s Hudson Valley.
Even if you haven’t stopped by, you may have seen my work. My Forging Steel Quilt was in/on Issue 8 of Make Modern Magazine.
Today, I am giving away a copy of the Square Dance Quilt Pattern. This pattern is also available on Craftsy, and if you already own a copy, I will give you copies of my next 2 patterns that will be coming out shortly after the new year!
This pattern can be made very intricately and custom quilted like I show above, or you can make a sweet baby quilt with an all-over design and it will still look great! This pattern is so versatile, I wish I had time to make one in red and green before Christmas… maybe you can win and make it!
If you would like to win, please do one or more of the following:
- I need a quick gift for a new friend who crochets – I don’t crochet, so I don’t know what would be useful for her. Please leave a comment with ideas!
- Follow my blog using bloglovin’ and leave your account name
- Follow me on Facebook – Quilts Actually – and leave the name you use there
- Follow me on Instagram – @QACreations – and leave your instagram name
At the conclusion of the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway period, I will use the magic number generator to choose a winner. Good luck!
The winner of the Square Dance Quilt Pattern is lucky #9.
Congratulations to Jen Beatty! She won a copy of my Square Dance Pattern. I hope you like the pattern, and please share what you make from it!
She is a follower by email, and I agree that the best gifts are the ones you want but don’t buy for yourself.
For those of you that want to get gifts for the sewers and quilters in your life, below are some of the great suggestions I received. There are some gifts on there I would love to get!
- Extension table for sewing machine
- Quilting Supplies: batting, thread, rulers, new rotary cutter and mat
- Quilt Retreat
- Fabric or Gift Certificate for fabric, quilt kit
- Craftsy or in-person class
- Sewing machines: Singer Featherweight, Longarm, embroidery machine, serger
- Grown up coloring book
- EPP set
- baskets or nice storage for sewing items
- Sewing Books
And for anyone:
- Spa days: Manicure, Pedicure, Facial, Massage
- Fancy Coffee Machine
- Sunglasses and scarf
- Day or weekend away
- TV shows on DVD
** GIVEAWAY CLOSED **
Welcome from Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day!
If you are new to my blog, I’m Heather. I’m a mom to a busy 2-year old and quilt obsessed!
I am a longarm quilter, and I also design patterns. My Squared Away Placemat Pattern was in the May issue of Make Modern Magazine.
When I’m not quilting, I also sew clothes for my daughter and myself.
Today, my giveaway is my newly released pattern: Square Dance. It is a paper pieced pattern with three different block sizes (6″, 8″ and 10″) and instructions to make quilts from crib/lap to King sized. I also include a detailed photographic tutorial on how to paper piece.
This pattern is available on Craftsy here! It is on sale for $7 through Mother’s Day (May 10, 2015).
Today you get several chances to win this pattern!
- My birthday is coming up, and I need ideas because my family is asking what I want! What would be your perfect birthday present? It doesn’t have to be sewing related, but preferably somewhat realistic…
- Follow my blog! If you already follow my blog, please leave a comment saying that.
- Like me on Facebook (leave your Facebook name).
If you would like to see my work in progress, you can also follow me on Instagram – I’m QACreations.
Post your comments by Sunday, May 10th and I will determine who wins by the magic of the Random Number Generator on Monday. If you have already purchased this pattern, I will refund the purchase price and send you a copy of my next pattern for free!